Wednesday, October 17, 2007

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!

Now if you thought I was speaking of Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/ or
Other, you could not be more wrong. As I am typing this I am watching the fourth game of the American League Championship Series between the Cleveland Indians and the Boston Red Sox. The Indians took a 3-1 series lead (best of seven) making it look fairly certain they will represent the American League in the great Fall Classic. Now last night around 1am, while the majority of "normal" people in Chicago were sleeping (it was a school night) I witnessed the Colorado Rockies sweep the Arizona Diamondbacks in epic fashion and clinch the National League Pennant assuring them a seat at the World Series table. Now why am I writing about what I watched on TV late last night you might ask... well I am having trouble sleeping as I can't put my full allegiance on either the Rockies or the virtual lock Indians. At the beginning of each baseball postseason I choose who I would like to represent each league and am lucky to get one of my two chosen teams in the World Series.... Well, for the first time in my life both teams I would like to see in the World Series look like they will meet up. I love the heart and soul of the young Colorado Rockies team as well as the touching story of Coach Coolbaugh (Colorado minor league coach) who was killed by a line drive during a game this year. The entire Rockies team have donated portions of the post season bonuses to the Coolbaugh family and had Coach Coolbaugh's two young sons throw out the first pitch of the NLDS. Now the Indians are an interesting team that show hustle and no fear (knocked off the Yankees and soon the Red Sox this post season) and have one of the most exciting young players in Grady Sizemore... love his old school hustle and style. Being a Chicago White Sox fan I am expected to hate my division rival Indians, however I am proud to send three AL Central teams to the Fall Classic in three consecutive years... and wouldn't mind seeing the World Series trophy back in the AL Central. So I need your help in deciding who to cheer for in the World Series.... These two "underdog" teams are both extremely fun to watch and I expect a well played and exciting World Series.

4 comments:

Stephanie Kichler said...

too much baseball... ahhhh :) haha love you, glad you started your adventure in blogging!

Anne C said...

Your subject line, combined with one of the world's best pictures ever (and not just because I took it), makes for a killer blog. While I don't give a rat's ass who wins the World Series, I was happy to read that the Rockies donate. But I also love the name Grady Sizemore. So, I am at a loss. May the best team win.

Anonymous said...

Alright.... you have to go with the Rockies here. For all the reasons you just named except about bringing the title back to the AL Central. Having the Indians win the title would be like the Cubs winning it to a Sox fan. Go Rockies!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You must have lots of time on your hands. I think you should talk about IU Basketball and all that has to offer people.