Monday, October 22, 2007

"We should've gotten the live chicken."

"Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come. "
"You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?.....Yo, bartender, Jobu needs a refill. "

As sure as I am the sun will rise in the morning, I was positive the Boston Red Sox couldn't pose a threat of surfacing from a 3-1 hole with the way the Indians were playing.... well I must apologize to all Red Sox fans, including one young lady in Bloomington, IN who is the daughter of Curt Shedlak (ChiSox friend of mine) who wrote this..."However, Paul, NOT a fair survey (speaking of the "who should I cheer for survey") without listing the Red Sox! With Beckett, Schil, and Daisuke going, we should choose Boston!"..... so from this point on I will consult her before making any premature assumptions.... I guess as the old adage says... "don't count your chicks before they hatch".... Especially in baseball.

So the Red Sox are in and the Indians are playing golf somewhere warm. As quoted above, the Indians "bats, they [were] sick", and not sick in an adolescent way of describing something amazing... but were sick like in need of an EMT. The one, two and three batters in the Indians line up combined to hit .203 in the ALCS... with Travis "Pronk" Hafner hitting a buck 48 in the three hole. As a matter of fact below is a picture of "Pronk" during his last at-bat..... striking out to the overwhelming Jonathan Papelbon.... on three straight fastballs.

So to lick my wounds, I will sheepishly move on.... I now have no reservation about cheering for the Colorado Rockies. I love their hustle, their heart and the sick (see above adolescent definition for "sick") defense they show with young Troy Tulowitzki who 12 days ago turned 23 patrolling shortstop. It is almost unfair how much range young Tulowitzki has.... he seems to be using a slightly larger glove (see below)..... Hey at least it is not steroids... right Barry?!?

Anyway, I hope for a good series, but am pulling for a successful Rocktober.

I love hearing your comments, so tell me what you think... and of course.. Ms. Shedlak.... your Boston Red Sox are now included in my poll question(top left).... so everyone please vote!

6 comments:

Stephanie Kichler said...

i love major league so much... it is my favorite thing about baseball :)

TaylorStreet said...

I'd be all for the Rockies taking the Series, but there's something I love about the BoSox all looking like scruffy municipal workers who happen to play baseball.
Also, as much as I hate Beckett, that kid can pitch. I think his hemp necklace is soaked in liquid steroids.

Anonymous said...

Ok... the series has been kind of boring and will most likely be over today..... so the next big event to look forward to is the Simpson's Halloween Special.
I have to say its my favorite episode of the year.

Anonymous said...

I changed my vote to Red Socks Sweep, is it too late for that???? They just won...

Anonymous said...

I changed my vote to Red Socks Sweep, is it too late for that???? They just won...

Anonymous said...

People should read this.